Lamb Chops with Black Olive Pesto | Food and Drink
Black olive pesto is an easy way to add color, texture and flavor to holiday fare.
Case in point? These lamb chops. A holiday-hearty dish that, when paired with pesto made using California Ripe Olives, will take your holiday menu from ordinary to extraordinary.
Prep Time : 15 min
Cook Time : 10 min
4 (1-inch thick) small lamb loin or rib chops, or 4 larger lamb shoulder chops
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
40 California Ripe Olives
1 cup tightly packed flat leaf parsley
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1/2 cup garlic-infused olive oil
Preheat broiler to high.
Line sheet pan with foil and place rack on top of pan. Season lamb with salt and pepper and place on rack. Cook lamb about 4 to 5 inches from the heat source, turning once, about 9 to 10 minutes for medium. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
In the bowl of food processor, pulse olives, parsley and pine nuts until coarsely chopped. With the motor running, pour oil through the feeding tube and blend until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon pesto over the lamb.
Makes 4 servings
For more recipes, visit CalOlive.org.
Upcoming Events near Land Park / Pocket
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Radio Studio Remodeled, Hope for New FM Station Soon
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- First in US to be Accredited in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sutter's Fort Presents Two Holiday & History-Related Events this Saturday, 12/14!
- 10 Gifts Under $10 for Kiddos
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!