Holiday Recipe: Miso-Glazed Olives | Food and Drink
Pressed for time, but looking to elevate that classic bowl of olives to something spectacular?
Here’s an easy option that takes less than 20 minutes.
Miso-Glazed Olives are the perfect crowd-pleaser for any holiday gathering. And because California Ripe Olives can always be kept on hand thanks to a great shelf life, save yourself time and pick up a few extra cans this season.
In a bowl, or elevated ever so slightly, they’re there when you need ‘em—and then gone in a flash!
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1 1/2 tablespoons white miso paste
1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar (unseasoned)
1 teaspoon honey
1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
2 cans (6-oz.) large California Ripe Olives, well drained
Toasted sesame seeds and chopped chives
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in ginger, miso, rice vinegar, honey and red pepper; cook for 5 minutes more. Stir in olives and cook for a few minutes or until olives are warm and nicely glazed.
Transfer to a decorative bowl and garnish with sesame seeds and chives. Serve with toothpicks.
Makes 12 appetizer servings
For more recipes, visit CalOlive.org.
Upcoming Events near Land Park / Pocket
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Radio Studio Remodeled, Hope for New FM Station Soon
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- First in US to be Accredited in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sutter's Fort Presents Two Holiday & History-Related Events this Saturday, 12/14!
- 10 Gifts Under $10 for Kiddos
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!