Principal accused of sexual harassment takes leave | Education
Title (Max 100 Characters)
SACRAMENTO, CA - Crocker Riverside Elementary School principal Carl Westphal is off the job on medical leave, according to Sacramento City Unified School District officials.
The announcement follows a district investigation about sexual harassment claims filed against Westphal by two employees.
"There's been some events in the last few weeks that have put him (Westphal) under stress, he saw his doctor who advised medical leave through the rest of the school year," SCUSD Superintendent Jonathan Raymond said.
The former yard duty monitor on campus, Vanessa Graves made the claims against Westphal.
"I'm relieved he's off the job," Graves said. "I just told the truth about what happened."
The SCUSD investigated the claim, but told Graves there was no proof of harassment.
Westphal's departure took many parents at Crocker by surprise.
"I hate to see him go," parent Kris Levy said. "He was a good leader and good for school."
Top Land Park / Pocket Stories
Upcoming Events near Land Park / Pocket
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- East Sacramento Writer Clarifies Community Power and Grassroots Democracy: NIMBY vs. DIMBY
- Micro-Summits concept is innovative, international
- POPs at Bertha Henschel Park in East Sacramento This Saturday!
- Landmark Sacramento Coca-Cola bottling plant closes
- East Sacramento J Street and Folsom Blvd. Construction Update–It’ll Be Tough