Principal accused of sexual harassment takes leave | Education
Title (Max 100 Characters)
SACRAMENTO, CA - Crocker Riverside Elementary School principal Carl Westphal is off the job on medical leave, according to Sacramento City Unified School District officials.
The announcement follows a district investigation about sexual harassment claims filed against Westphal by two employees.
"There's been some events in the last few weeks that have put him (Westphal) under stress, he saw his doctor who advised medical leave through the rest of the school year," SCUSD Superintendent Jonathan Raymond said.
The former yard duty monitor on campus, Vanessa Graves made the claims against Westphal.
"I'm relieved he's off the job," Graves said. "I just told the truth about what happened."
The SCUSD investigated the claim, but told Graves there was no proof of harassment.
Westphal's departure took many parents at Crocker by surprise.
"I hate to see him go," parent Kris Levy said. "He was a good leader and good for school."
Upcoming Events near Land Park / Pocket
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects
- First in US to be Accredited in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sutter's Fort Presents Two Holiday & History-Related Events this Saturday, 12/14!
- 10 Gifts Under $10 for Kiddos
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!