Books of 2012: Three GOTG Recommendations | Arts & Culture
By Amelia McLear
At the end of the year, there always seems to be a litany of “best of” or “top 10” lists. To add to that conversation is my list of the “top three books published in 2012 by women authors and that feature strong women lead characters.” (Very GOTG apropos, right?)
Each of these female characters, while ranging in age and background, bucked the circumstances life gave her and forged her own path. Two of these books are fiction and one is non-fiction. All of them I devoured reading and when finished, the characters stayed with me as I continued to think about who they were and how I felt about the choices they made.
Upcoming Events near Land Park / Pocket
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects
- First in US to be Accredited in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sutter's Fort Presents Two Holiday & History-Related Events this Saturday, 12/14!
- 10 Gifts Under $10 for Kiddos
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!