Fairytale Town presents 'The Readers of Homer' | Arts & Culture
Friday, Jun. 22, 6:30 p.m. through Saturday, Jun. 23, 7 a.m.
From dusk till dawn, 200 individuals--including children, veterans, poets and teachers--will read aloud pre-assigned passages from Homer's great epic, "The Odyssey." The poem follows the famous hero, Odysseus, and his 10-year struggle to reach home following the end of the Trojan War.
The all-night, nonstop reading, presented in partnership with the Readers of Homer, will take place on the outdoor Mother Goose Stage.
The park opens at 6:30 p.m., and the reading begins at 7:30 p.m.
Attendees are welcome to bring lawn chairs and/or tents.
The reading is free for active-duty military, veterans, students with valid ID and children ages 12 and under. Advance tickets are $20 for adults. Day-of tickets are $25 for adults. Tickets will be available for purchase at www.fairytaletown.org and the box office beginning May 15. Ticket holders can sign up to read by contacting the Readers of Homer at (916) 455-4271 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit www.fairytaletown.org or call (916) 808-7462.
Upcoming Events near Land Park / Pocket
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Radio Studio Remodeled, Hope for New FM Station Soon
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- First in US to be Accredited in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sutter's Fort Presents Two Holiday & History-Related Events this Saturday, 12/14!
- 10 Gifts Under $10 for Kiddos
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!